Privacy and Cookies Policy
I. Information we receive and how it is used
Information we receive about you
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
- Your Data: Your Data is the information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information: When you sign up for Activ8rlives, you may be required to provide your name, email address, gender, age, ethnicity and other information such as weight, height, activity levels or NHS number.
- Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Activ8rlives, such as when you post a comment, upload a photo, or comment on a friend’s post.
It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add data about you.
Your name, profile picture, networks, username, nickname and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We may receive data about you whenever you interact with Activ8rlives, such as when you look at another group’s profile, send someone a message, click on an ad, or purchase Activ8rlives products.
- When you post things like photos or videos on Activ8rlives, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We may receive data from the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device you use to access Activ8rlives. This may include your IP address, location, the type of browser you are using, Bluetooth devices you are connected to, type of smart device, and operating system.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any third parties.
- Sometimes we may get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make Activ8rlives better. For example, an advertiser may tell us how you responded to an ad on Activ8rlives or on another site in order to measure the effectiveness of – and improve the quality of – those ads.
If we ever provide data to our advertising partners or customers, it will only be after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you. Similarly, when we receive data about you from our advertising partners or customers, we keep the data for 180 days. After that, we combine the data with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
When we use the phrase “public information” (which we sometimes refer to as “Everyone information”), we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people registered for an Activ8rlives account, may be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile picture, Activ8rlives profile, User ID, etc.).
- can show up when someone does a search on Activ8rlives if your profile is set to public.
- can show up as a Group member if the Group is set to public.
External Browsers cannot search Activ8rlives user accounts so your information will not be public beyond those within Activ8rlives.com that you have given permission to view your public information.
Information that is always publicly available
If you are part of a public Group, the types of information listed below are always publicly available only on Activ8rlives, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Nick name: This helps your friends and family find you. We encourage users to only use a nick name rather than their real name.
- Profile Pictures: This helps your friends and family recognize you. We recommend that you do NOT use a picture of you but use an “avatar” image instead (a representative or abstract picture).
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you under strict adherence to our Information Governance Policy and the Terms and Conditions of Sales in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- Give you information about your levels of activity and feedback about your health as part of our efforts to keep Activ8rlives safe and secure;
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Activ8rlives as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission in writing;
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your profile, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account by writing to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Activ8rlives. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account by writing to us at: email@example.com
Your friends can invite you to the Groups they are in. You can always leave a Group, which will prevent others from adding you to it again. If you are invited to join a group, you do not have to accept this invitation.
Public search engines
Activ8rlives cannot be searched by a public search engine. Neither Your Data or Your Groups are searchable with a public search engine.
II. Minors and safety
We take safety issues very seriously, especially with children, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet practices.
To protect minors, we may put special safeguards in place (such as placing restrictions on the ability of adults to share and connect with them), recognising this may provide minors a more limited experience on Activ8rlives.
III. Some other things you need to know
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognised standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves and you from violations of our Rights and Responsibilities; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Notifications and Other Messages
We may send you notifications and other messages using the contact information we have for you, like your email address. We never share your email address with any third party.
When you invite a friend to join Activ8rlives, we send a message on your behalf using your name, and up to two reminders. The invitation will also give your friend the opportunity to opt out of receiving other invitations to join Activ8rlives.
We may memorialise the account of a deceased person. When we memorialise an account we keep the profile on Activ8rlives. You can report a deceased person’s profile by writing to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We also may close an account if we receive a formal request from the person’s next of kin.
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help to achieve this in the responsible way in which you use our site(s).
Change of Control
Notice of Changes
Date of Last Revision: July 24th, 2016.