Activ8rlives PUFFClicker Smart pMD Inhaler Tracker
Uploads data directly to the Asthma+me, Activ8rlives4 Health+Wellness or Active+me REMOTE Apps.
The Activ8rlives PUFFClicker is a Class I smart inhaler dose counter used together with commonly prescribed pressurised metered dose inhalers (pMDI) for asthmatic children and young people (CYP 6-12-years under adult supervision) and adults with asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions connected to either the Asthma+me, Active⁺me REMOTE or Activ8rlives4 Health+Wellness Apps, which allow the lay user to count their doses of inhaler, record their steps, add reminders to take medication and indicates that the inhaler has been shaken adequately to disperse the medication. The PUFFClicker is a Class I medical device with both CE- and UKCA-mark.
The Activ8rlives PUFFClicker is a smart inhaler dose counter to be used with pressurised metered-dose inhalers (pMDI) and is available to fit 9 different inhalers (includes Clenil Modulite with and without a counter on the rear inhaler casing): the Activ8rlives PUFFClicker is compatible with these pMDI inhalers: Clenil® Modulite®Chiesi Limited, Flixotide®GlaxoSmithKline / Seretide®GlaxoSmithKline, Fostair®Chiesi, Ventolin®GlaxoSmithKline, Ivax Salamol®Teva Pharmaceuticals, Atimos Modulite®Chiesi Limited and Trimbow®Chiesi Limited.
The Activ8rlives PUFFClicker comes with a Module, a transparent Accessory that fits around the specific pressurised metered-dose inhaler you want to use it with, a USB Charging Cable, Instructions for User and it does not include the prescription inhaler.
The Activ8rlives PUFFClicker is clipped over the inhaler and is transparent in colour so the user can easily see which inhaler they are about to use.
The Activ8rlives PUFFClicker has a built-in sensor and counter that enables it to count the number of puffs a patient takes for those commonly prescribed inhalers for their Asthma or other respiratory condition when they depress the Cap at the top of the device.
The PUFFClicker has a 3-axis accelerometer chip and a microprocessor, which detects how the user moves (accelerate) in three dimensions and this allows counting of how many steps they take each day if they carry it with them (ideally they should carry their blue Reliever with them everywhere). It also is used to calculate if the inhaler has been shaken adequately, before you use it, to maximise the inhaler drug delivered to their lungs.
- The PUFFClicker has a built-in sensor and counter that enables it to count the number of puffs of inhaler medication a user has taken.
- The PUFFClicker tells you when you have shaken the inhaler enough, which is important to ensure you get an accurate dose.
- Large bright easy-to-read digital display with a 24-hour clock. Does not need to be connected to a Smartphone to see how many doses you have had during the day (ideal of the school bag, handbag, brief case or your pocket).
- 9 pMDI inhalers have interchangeable accessories (clear plastic) to accommodate different Pressurised Metered Dose Inhalers (pMDIs) so that you do not have to buy a new PUFFClicker if your medication is changed – just change the accessory.
- Upgradeable firmware so that you can receive device updates and new features as they are introduced.
- Accurately counts steps, distance and active time using its integrated 3–axis accelerometer. Battery life of 10-14-days (based on typical usage) with 120-minute charge time, which means that there are no batteries to replace.
- Automatically uploads to your Activ8rlives account via Asthma⁺me (subscription only), Active⁺me REMOTE (subscription only) or Activ8rlives⁴ Health+Wellness (free but limited functionality) Apps for Smartphones and Tablets (iOS 12 or later, Android 10 or later).
- Developed in collaboration with a leading Respiratory Consultant at a NHS Paediatric Care Centre in the UK.
- Complies with UK privacy laws (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR). Online self-help communities can be accessed via the Apps. Need help setting-up? Just give us a call. We provide telephone support 7-days-a-week between 09:00-18:00.
- Rated 4.9/5.0 for customer service and support by customers.
If you are disabled or purchasing on behalf of an eligible charity then you can claim VAT exemption.
You can select and declare VAT exemption at the checkout stage.